When you visit our website, you do so anonymously. The information we collect which may include “personal information” is provided by you, expressly and may include the following:
- Contact information such as name, address, email, phone number, company of employment and professional title.
Security and Use of your Personal Information
Only those who “need to know” will have access to the personal information provided. We do not intend to use any information provided by visitors for any purpose that is inconsistent with the purpose for which the information was provided, as stated on the website. Goodman Sustainability Group Inc. protects your information from unauthorized use or disclosure through the use of firewalls, encryption and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
Logging Practices & Performance Analysis
Goodman Sustainability Group Inc. logs HTTP requests on our servers. These logs record the IP address of site visitors. An IP address is the number automatically assigned to the computer or to the ISP (Internet Service Provider) requesting a URL. Log files are archived and used for systems analysis, maintenance and website evaluation. We also may use analytics services to evaluate and improve the user experience and performance of our website.
Updated: September 11, 2019
This notice is for The Social Purpose Exchange Foresight Newsletter, “Foresight” is distributed by:
Goodman Sustainability Group Inc.
2 St. Clair Avenue West, 18th floor, Unit 1806
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M4V 1L5
This policy governs the privacy of those who use it. It explains how we control, process, handle and protect your personal data, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
“We” or “The Website” refers to Goodman Sustainability Group and https://goodmansustainabilitygroup.com
“you”, “the user” refers to the subscriber to the newsletter.
GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process personal information about you electronically.
We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we are only processing personal data for our core business purposes.
Lawful basis: Consent
- The reason we use this basis: You gave us consent to use your data when you signed up to our newsletter.
- We process your information in the following ways: To send you information about our company, news and developments in the space we operate in.
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information for six years.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties. We do share your personal information with third parties because we value your privacy and such practices are beyond the scope of our core business.
Lawful basis: Legal obligation
- The reason we use this basis: To provide information to those who request it.
- We process your information in the following ways: To send you information you have requested about our company,news and developments in the space we operate in.
- Data retention period: Six years
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
- If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
where others may last indefinitely. Your web browser should provide you with the controls to manage and delete cookies from your device, please see your web browser options.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies provided by, Constant Contact in how we store, access and manage that information.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email messages we send are done so through an email marketing service provider. We use:
Constant Contact Privacy
Subscription time & date
If you were directed to our website from another source, your information might be collected by them, in accordance with their privacy policies.
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data we hold for you, or request we remove your data at any time by the following methods:
- Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email
- Contact us here
UPDATED: March 2020